DUI Defense Tips
When you retain one of our DUI attorneys, they will conduct a preliminary investigation into your case. Depending on the facts, our attorneys will:
- Obtain the police report
- Request witness videos or body camera footage
- Hire an investigator to document the scene
- Carefully review the police officer’s administration of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
- Ensure that the officer did not base probable cause for arrest on non-standardized Field Sobriety Tests (i.e. finger to nose test)
- Determine the justification for the traffic stop
Knowledge is a valuable tool when defending your rights. If you are charged with a DUI, your rights include, but are not limited to:
- The right to not offer evidence against yourself
- The right to refuse to conduct the standardized field sobriety tests
- Refusal to take submit to any chemical tests (i.e. breathalyzer) to determine the drug or alcohol content of your blood. However, if you refuse the chemical test you could lose your license for violating the implied consent law.
If you have been arrested for DUI, do not hesitate to contact the Baker Associates legal team. We will thoroughly analyze the facts of your case and devise a strong defensive strategy.